Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Survivor Girl

Today was the worst day of my life. Emily was bitten/mauled by Murphy. I called 911. Paramedics came, she smiled at them, I don't blame her, they were cute guys. Also got a trip to the pediatrician and they declared her a trooper, we already knew that. Dave came rushing home with a co-worker in tow to help us. Murphy lives to die another day but is now beneath the red-headed step-cat Ginny on the pet-love-meter.

Hopefully she will heal up soon, the big birthday is coming up. The Doc assured us with her baby skin cells reproducing as fast as they are there shouldn't be any scars.

I am going to go watch TV and hopefully take my mind off today's horrible events. Thank goodness for American Idol.

2 comments:

  1. You handled this well. I couldn't stop thinking about this all afternoon. Good lesson for all, we are way too non-cautious when it comes to our dogs and we should be. Emily's a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kiddo! I am sure she will heal just fine!

    ReplyDelete